India has a rapidly expanding economy and a pressing need for infrastructure improvement. The following are a some of the numerous current and prospective development projects across the country:
- High-Speed Rail Projects: India is now engaged in the construction of a number of high-speed rail projects, including the Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore high-speed rail line, the Delhi-Amritsar high-speed rail corridor, and the bullet train project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- Smart Cities Mission: The Indian government introduced the Smart Cities Mission in 2015 with the goal of creating 100 smart cities throughout the nation. Redevelopment of the Chandni Chowk neighbourhood in Delhi and the creation of Panaji Smart City in Goa are two current initiatives covered under this mission.
- The Sagarmala Initiative is a government programme that aims to encourage port-led growth in India. The project calls for the creation of portbased industrial clusters as well as the development of new ports and the upgrading of existing ports. The expansion of the Vizhinjam Port in Kerala and the building of a new deep-sea port in Colachel, Tamil Nadu, are some of the projects under this plan.
- The Bharatmala Project is a development project for roads and highways with the goal of enhancing connectivity throughout the nation. As part of the project, new highways will be built, current highways will be expanded, and economic corridors will be created. The development of the Chennai-Salem Greenfield Expressway and the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway are some of the projects undertaken under Bharatmala scheme.
- Clean Ganga Mission: The goal of the Clean Ganga Mission is to clean up the Ganga River and its tributaries on a national scale. New sewage treatment facilities are being built as part of the project, along with riverside development and ghat revitalization. The National Waterway-1’s Varanasi-Ghazipur segment and the improvement of the Kanpur riverfront are some of the initiatives under this programme.
To get regular updates of Construction, Infrastructure, and Industrial Projects in India, click here to subscribe ProjectX India PDF Edition.
Click here to check out few sample copies before you decide to subscribe.